• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clearwater Lake?

I fish that lake a ton, but can't really think of a good shore fishing area... There are a few rivers connecting the lakes that people fish from shore that I would look into... Most of the rest of that lake is surrounded by private homes.. there may be some shorefishing opportunity near the black hole access...

I think the river bridge from Clearwater to Augusta may be accessible and a good area to shore fish...

If I were targeting big carp from shore, I'd head up to Mille Lacs and fish where the rum river enters mille lacs... 40 pound fish not uncommon in mille lacs and they run out of Mille Lacs up the rum to spawn in those backwaters big time..

fishinaddict,

Definitely give you a full report of how we do at Pepin on Saturday...thanks for your help!!

Do you know when the carp start to show up in Mille Lac.....I've always wanted to get up there to bowfish but don't when or where. Any ideas?

head out to the SW side where the rum river comes out and start looking there.. we found them last year thick back in the rum river backwaters... just go up the river a little ways under the highway... tough to shoot though because the water is mud back in that area... If you can find them out in the lake your better off for shooting.. there are some good weed beds on the SW end that hold carp.. we've shot them in the lake as late as the 4th of July - they were in post spawn at that time... I'd say early June would be safe. There should be some fish in the shallows by this coming weekend.