• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where there are Carp, there are??

conman2k

Hello All. I have gone out fishing several times this year on the 30 acre pond behind my house. (hey, it's close.) I have caught Carp and Bullheads -- using corn for both.

Photos here:
http://home.mn.rr.com/pondidypond/photos.htm

My question is this: In a pond that is spring-fed, mostly 6 feet deep, with a few 9 - 10 foot spots, but with a muddy bottom, aside from Carp and Bullheads, am I ever likely to catch anything else? Thus far, I have only used corn. Thanks.

------------------
http://home.mn.rr.com/pondidypond/

Sure, there's other stuff. If it's spring fed, then you probably don't have a total freeze out. Check out that outlet. If the current moves a bit, and if it tributaries into a larger creek or river, you could pick up just about anything.
If it were my pond, I'd be walking the edges at early spring looking for spawn beds-little bowls about a foot in diameter-for largemouth bass. In the summer you could ever-so-quietly tube or canoe or jon-boat or wade up to those rushes and cast in a heavy dry-fly. This will entice panfish attacks, and if there are any, you'll find 'em. Largemouths in a pond like that will pick up their lunch off the bottom - see my tip "Carp leading bass". Check out the path of your outlet. Heck, it might be a regular "McEllugit's Pool"

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC