• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carpin' on Lake Elmo

Guitarzan

I ran across some decent sized carp on Lake Elmo this summer doing a little bass fishing. That lake gets quite a bit of fishing pressure for game fish but, as far as I know, not for carp. Has anyone managed to pull a few up over there? Mainly I'm wondering if I should give carping a try there or if there is a better local East-side lake.

They are where you find 'em. If you know where there are some in Lake Elmo there's no reason not to fish for them. I’d try to chum the area ahead of time, but if time doesn’t allow for that just give it a try.

When I was in high school we would bow fish for them in the backwaters on the west side. That was just before it became a park, and there were some big ones.

Another spot to try is the St. Croix river. When we were kids we would fish for them right under the Stillwater bridge on the WI side. I’m sure you will find them in the St. Croix anywhere you can get close to the water.

Good Luck. Post a report if you go.