• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportman show alumacraft tournament

jnwb

Was told by reliable source, there will be a Tourney Pro at the boat show at end of month. You can see a picture of one at Alumacraft's FB page....looks like a big cockpit, small bow area compared to past TP's.

From what I can tell is the T-Pro will only be available in a 185 and 195 configuration, but then again I only have seen artist renderings and CAD drawings.

No actual photos of a finished boat yet that I have seen.

And yeah it appears that the front deck is a bit shorter than were used to seeing, but in a 18 foot boat I am sure the front platform will be plenty big.

It will be interesting to see what they do with this line.

My tournament sport is the 185 which is an 18'11" boat in 2006 which is the model year I have.

The front deck is sufficient on mine but based on the only pic I have seen of the new one its looks considerably smaller. Be interested to see the specs and layout.

I hope it has the wide gunnels with top storage too.

Spoke to the Alumacraft rep at the show. He said there will be one at the boat show. It will have the wide top load storage on passenger side the drivers side has side storage not top gunnel. He said it the same hull as the trophy just not as high of a free board. No jump seats.

Grrr. Side storage is annoying and difficult to use. The ONLY thing I would want in the boat I currently have is jump seats. Major bummer in these two.

Long time alumacraft customer but I think they are missing the mark on a couple things. Even if the jumps seats are an option.

I don't want the giant freeboard of the trophy. So that's not an option. I want a boat that is fishing first and family very close second.

Wow. Doesn't sound even close to "old" yet, very popular Tourney Pro. Not putting the top gunnel storage.....mistake. That's the only reason I even looked at a Trophy. Went Pro-V for many more reasons, but wished I'd known about TP's coming back out before ordering Pro-V. No regrets after reading above description.

Yeah from what I heard I am glad I bought my Competitor 175 last fall instead of waiting.

I wish they made one op front like the competitor with the narrow gunnel, and then had a wide gunnel from the console back. Proper top storage, and then a decent livewell with dual pumps.

I dont like the wide gunnels up on the front platform like the Trophy or Dominator has.

It would be nice, but oh well.

I must not have made sense the passenger side does have the top load gunnel road storage. It does have the wide gunnels like the trophy. Just the drivers side is not top load storage it will be likve the pro v storage on drivers side.

I must not have made sense the passenger side does have the top load gunnel road storage. It does have the wide gunnels like the trophy. Just the drivers side is not top load storage it will be likve the pro v storage on drivers side.
You made sense. I just think they should have done BOTH sides gunnel storage. The side storage is a major PITA with people sitting in seats, etc.

When I bought my boat I had strongly considered a Dominator with the price difference between a Dominator and Tournament boat AND the fact the tournament comes with 4 air ride seats where the Dominator doesnt (at least didnt when I was buying), I went for the tournament sport. It would have run $1000 for those on the Dominator by the time I was done.

I do like the idea of the narrower gunnel from the cockpit forward. Granted I use the space beneath for storage with the cargo netting.

Personally I think they should eliminate the Dominator. Not enough differentiation between the two. Have the jump seats/convertible deck an option on the Tournament and top gunnel storage on both sides. Perfect.

I agree, Right now after spending houas looking at all the boats. I think I no longer have any fiberglass boats in the equation. I think the front runner is the 195 trophy out of what I saw at this show. I wish there would have been a raptor to look at though.

I agree, Right now after spending houas looking at all the boats. I think I no longer have any fiberglass boats in the equation. I think the front runner is the 195 trophy out of what I saw at this show. I wish there would have been a raptor to look at though.

Curious, other than price difference, what would you prefer from the 195 Trophy over a 1975 Pro-V?

Yeah I see they just uploaded some in the last 24 hours.

Odd that they are using the dash from the 2013 boat lineup in it, and not the new dash that the 2014' are being shown with in their literature.

Still not overly excited about it, but that is just me.

The color scheme is nice if you are a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

There are other color options but only pics of that one color scheme. Its copper, not orange.

The dash on the Tournament Pro looks to have FAR more room for large electronics than the others. That was one of the things they said they were addressing.

Still like to see specs of this new model because I may trade mine for a new one. There are only a few things I would do differently to my boat. The front livewell is too big and the shape makes it not very useable. I see the new one has two storage compartments on the left side in the front. Better use of the space than mine. I would like to see what those compartments are.

The other thing I would like is the new rear deck option that came out last year. Not sure if you can get that on this boat or not, but I built a rear deck extension for mine which works fine, but having one built in would be awesome.

The guy said the big compartment in the bow is dry storage. It will have a plastic insert with a lip on top to keep water out. He said they were using that dash to make more room for electronics so, right on captain. One of the smaller doors is a live well. He said it will not be the full it will be a little shorty than the trophy. It is the same hull but as you cut the sides down the 3 inches it got a tick shorter, makes sense.