• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just ordered a Marcum Lx-7 got a few questions

shakojdub1425

Anyone have one of these. I have always had marcum and had a lx-3tc for last few years. SOld it and bought a lx-7 waiting for it to come in the mail. I know there is a update for them and i see you just plug it into your computer, but do you have to pay for it? let me know what you guys think from what i have read and reviews they are kick silly-me!! smile

upgrades are free, just download from the HSOforum. I just got one and it had the latest software in it.

The LX7works great, yor gonna like it! It is quiet, bright, and clear. Plenty of settings to play with also.

Now I'm waiting to get to Lake of the Woods to try it out in a lake with some fish!

I also have one and love it, came from Vexilar with no regrets. There is going to be an update coming out soon on the Marcum site, my unit has 2.9 from last year. As stated the updates are free, and Marcum has a video to explain how the update HAS to be done.

I was down at Marcum on Friday and the new update for the LX7 is coming out in 2 or 3 weeks. I was told this by the rep that helped me with my transducer issue on my LX7. Last year units are 2.9 and the ones this year are 3.01. the new update will be labeled something else. I was told they are coming out with this new update so that the LX7 and LX6 will be running the same version of the soft ware. this leads me to believe that the target seperation on the LX6 will go from 3/4" down to 1/2" like the LX7 with this upgrade. I can't wait to see what else this update will offer.