• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bear permit question

i applied for a bear license last year and did not get one. i hunt up by talmoon squaw lake area. zone number escapes me at the moment. anyone got an educated guess as to how ones odds are on getting one in 2013??????????

lol jb's right. But being int eh lottery like that, you have 1 preference point from last year since u didnt get drawen. so when u apply next year you go into the lottery with another point, so thats 2 preference points in the lottery for you next year. the odds or good. i going into the drwaing with 3 my odds are even better. they draw the ones with the most preference points first, so they say example pike all the applicants with 4 points then if any permits left then draw the applicants with 3 points, then any permits left then the ones with two an so on based on the number of tags available in that zone all the tages could be taken up by the applicants with the highest points. Dont know if their are to many out there with 4 but 3 is common. heck some people get drawne for the first time applying. Good luck. ya never know. look into surplus tags if ya dont get drawn.