• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster gas leak

milkingman

Question

My three year old 2.5 solo engine has a small gas leak. When it is stored on it"s side on the two nubs on the handle, gas seems to be coming out of the black grate cover area. Not alot but enough to make a stain on where I have it laying. Any Ideas? thanks. Gas lines look good

7 answers to this question

does it leak slow or does it leak just a bit and then stop? Carb draining maybe? I'm a bit confused about where you are talking about on the auger... The black grate thing could be the air filter.

I always store mine like this in the picture, gas lid pointing up.

ice_augers2.jpg

Slow leak. Doesn"t do it all the time though. The newer strike masters have a knob on each handle in which you lay it down on sideways. I guess that would be the air filter side which is laying against the ground. Why would it come out of there?

fuel in the carb can come out of the air filter. I wouldn't expect much though.

Not sure I would store my auger like that outside of the garage... I'm betting the clearance between the ground and the powerhead isn't much. Seems like you would just bury the air filter in the snow when you are out on the ice..?

talked to h20 outfitters and they stated it is common in two strokes to leak a little gas out the air filter if it is not run long enough. You will be able to tell he said if the gas is a blackish color. Sounds like their is a build up you have to get rid of by running longer.