• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

And I thought the only spot where this took place was on Mud Lake!!(kidding)
I don't have any answers for you on this one Bronco, wish I did.
Although it would never happen, I think everyone that hunts should have to take a class on hunter ethics and range determination before they can buy a license. Even so, it probably wouldn't do any good as the ones who shoot and act like idiots now would still be idiots anyway class or no class. Must be a genetic thing smile.gif(....theme from "Deliverance" playing in background....)
I too just sit and laugh at all the dumb things I see in the field. The best one happened this last weekend. A group of hunters sat up next to us about 100 yards away. From about 5 minutes to shooting until we left at 1:00, all they did was quack away on their duck calls CONSTANTLY weather there were birds in the air or not. I felt like yelling- "SHUT UP!!!"
I get the most enjoyment out of having the birds dump into my decoys instead of the moron who sets up into the wind, places their decoys right in the weeds where the ducks cannot see them and calls like a sick crow. Ahhhhha....life's simple pleasures smile.gif
>"////=<

Hunting some public land over by Annendale several years ago I had a couple of guys(I won't mislable them as hunters)who sat on a steep hill right behind our blind where they proceeded to shoot at anything that swung over us including those which were coming into our decoys. Even had the gall to ask us to row half way acrossed the slough to get a duck they wounded. These guys p***ed me off. But generally I just say "I hope they're shooting federals. At least they'll keep dad in business." He works for Federal Cartridge. Some lighter side of public land hunting. My favorite was a guys leaning over the front of the boat as his buddy rowed hurling to the duck gods after what I assume was a late night at the bar. ROW! Hurl! ROW! Hurl!

Was very disappointed in how the other hunters behaved out there last Sunday. I do have private land to hunt. But I am not allowed to bring anyone else as my wife's uncle has the permission for just me which is fine. So my brother called and wanted to go out duck hunting at Carlos and I said fine. should not be that bad. Well was I wrong. We had 2 geese about 10 yds above the cattails coming right into us, me calling them and them calling back. And when they were 75 yds out directly in front of us some dork 150 yds to our left decided he wanted to shoot at them, which made it about a 225 yd shot, not even close. so when they actually got to us they were about 75 yds up. then they decided to go over this guy at about 100 yds and he pulled up and shot again. I could not believe it. This guy unloaded his gun on them twice. Also he was hunting just to the right side of the sanctuary out there and we were in a little place with water and decoys about 100 yds to his left, so we were about 125 yds from the sanctuary. he had a dog but nothing else. Seems like he had the attitude of if I can't shoot them no one will. he did this all morning long. Then when we left he glared at us, I mean come on dude get a clue. Days like that make me so happy that I have private land to hunt. But that I believe, will turn a lot of younger hunters off as they will think why even try to hunt public land when there are hunters like that around. I almost fell over in the boat watching how high the birds were and he was still shooting. It just got to be good entertainment. looking for opinions on how to deal with this in the future if I ever decide to go back there.

Broncosguy