• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was doing some scouting and trying out my new duck boat yesterday when I ripped a hole in my waders. The hole is roughly the size of a penny. The waders are gander mtn brand and the repair kit that came with them says that it is for repairing minor tears and leaks. I have only duck hunted one season and have never repaired waders before. So, first of all, does this qualify as a minor tear/leak? Also is it relatively easy to repair waders with a puncture hole like this? Like I said I don't have any prior experience fixing waders so any information I'd appreciate. Thanks.

Get some Marine Goop or AquaSeal and patch it up. You'll be fine. Ever avid ducker's waders have some battle wounds. Gander might replace them, who knows, but if they don't use the above mentioned products.

Find some type of thread, I use old, thick braided musky line that my dad had, and sew it by hand to close it up and then throw some aqua-seal or shoe goop over it and it should be good. Had a big hole about the size of a fifty cent piece in mine and it worked.

Shoe goo is my go to for any of my wader needs.

Just make sure you clean the area to be patched with some rubbing alcohol first and let the shoe goo dry overnite.

I had a rip in the foot area of one of my wader boots and tried a bunch of different stuff then I used shoe goo and it held for 8 years before I had to re goo it up.