• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

15 horse 4 stroke carb issues

skibass

Hi all,

I had my 2002 15 horse Mercury 4-stroke in the shop last August and paid over $400 to get a new fuel pump and carb kit. I just had to bring it in again and was told that the carb needed to be cleaned again. I run the gas out of the motor when I know I won't be using it for more than 2 weeks, use Sea Foam and sta-bil to treat the gas, and winterize the motor as directed by the owner's manual just as I have for the past 6 years.

The shop I brought it to was the same one that I brought it to last year because I didn't know where else to bring it. I am just having a hard time believing that I would need to have carb work done again this year. Can gas get that gummed up in a carb in that short of a time or did they stiff me last year and not really do any carb work but charge me for it?