• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Water slide decals

I started using the water slide tpye decals as they seem to be so much thinner.

I was having a tough time putting just water on the blank and applying the decals. It seemed it was so hard to move the decal into position without stretching the decal.

After a bit of online research, I found a product called Micro Sol and Set.

This stuff is used alot by model car builders to put the decal on and move it into the perfect position.

I had a longer decal to put on a rod blank that wraps the whole blank for approx 6 inches so I wanted to make sure both sides met perfect and the decal was straight as can be.

All I can say is this stuff worked fantastic, so if you use waterslide decals and have a hard time getting the decal exactly where you would like it, pick up some of this product.

Seems like it gives one that little bit extra for time to make sure you have the decal positioned where it looks best.

It's like $2.50 a bottle and will go a long ways.

If you are in need of some quality decals, I just switched to Chad right here on HSO for purchasing my decals and Chad does a very nice job for a fair price.

Do yourself a favor and check his HSOforum out.

A tip i used when putting the hso decals on my truck; ( a buddy with a body shop told me this) was to put several drops of liquid dish soap in the spray bottle of water your using. Slows the drying time some and allows you to get them in position.