• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yet another Polaris issue...

kywest

Alright guys here's the deal. I am working on a buddy's 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATP. Initially it wouldn't run but replaced the battery and drained all the old fuel out. Turns out leaving fuel in for 2 years of not using it really does not help. Anyways, I got it running and took it out ice fishing. Everything worked out well until it got dark. I started it up and turned on the low beams. It immediately died. I restarted it and gave it a little gas as I turned on the lights. This time it stayed running however about every two seconds or so, the lights would flicker. If I had it running with the low beams on and tried to switch to high beams it would again shut off. I traced out as much of the wiring as I could thinking there may be a bad connection but I wasn't able to find anything. Anyone have any clue what I might be dealing with? Oh, also the display sometimes comes on and sometimes it does not. Not sure if the two are connected or not. Thanks for the help guys.

Brian