• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog ate chicken wings, and feral cat problem

jparrucci

As a trapper I've made drowning sets for beaver, otter, mink, muskrats and coon. These are animals I respect. You think I have a problem with dropping a live trap off the end of my dock with cat in it? Not a problem. Where I live, I've lost count on how many cats I've trapped, drowned or shot. No difference than traping a mouse to me.

My wife yas a little freeked out about exterminating some feral cats around our house at first, until I explained about how much damage they do to song bird and game bird pouplations and that they are breeding machines. After that she didn't care too much just didn't need to see the bodies. She did still freek out a little when I told her the last on I exterminated had a pink collar with a bell on it, until I told her I was just kidding. I wonder what the DNRs position is on feral cats?

Diesel Dan

On dogs and chicken bones:

Right around when he was 6-8 months old or so I remember one day where he was VERY naughty and snarfed the remains of a small cooked chicken that was on the counter, mostly bones.

He passed everything just fine, but we kept a close watch.

I've heard that chicken bones splinter pretty bad when chewed, and it's CHEWED/SPLINTERED bones that cause issues, by causing internal lacerations. Then again, I've never met a person who has had that problem, and I've met many who have had a dog ingest chicken bones.