• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sorry, another tag question.

i have a friend coming up to hunt 183 this wkd. its a lottery area (1 deer). he wants to shoot a doe with the bow. does he have to tag it with his $27 archery tag cause its a lottery area?? then if he goes back home to tag a buck he shoots with a bow in 227(intensive), what tag would he put on that cause his regular archery tag in gone?? hope that makes sense.

or could you just put the management tag on the doe in 183??? so you can still use your buck tag in a different area??

You cannot use a management tag in a lottery area, Period.

I have had the same situation the last couple of years.

If he shoots a deer with his bow in the lottery area, he has just lost his either sex tag and will no longer be able to shoot a buck with his bow in an intensive harvest area.

Short story, if he is holding on to his either sex archery tag for a nice buck, he better not shoot anything in the lottery area unless its a nice buck, otherwise, he is done hunting bucks with his bow.

Why would he want to shoot a doe in a lottery area and not an intensive area? Doesnt really make sense to me but what they said is correct lottery is one deer, and bow is the only one you can have either sex with, muzzy is draw only in lottery now

Thanks guys-

I would like some doe's shot on our property. We have a very high population of doe's. With our food plots and doe's coming out to them early and often it would be a nice opportunity for a new bow hunter to the sport to have a easy opportunity on a doe. He just doesn't want to lose his buck archery tag.

That was the problem down here for awhile. Zone 344 was whitewater and it gets pounded good so it's usually a lottery area. However, not all of zone 344 is public land, some of it is private, and that private land can get overrun with deer, but with a one deer limit, many of the landowners hold out for a buck, even though the does were coming out of the woodwork.