• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex in the Boat

Capt'nJosh

I've heard a few of you talk about mounting your vex in the boat this spring. Are you mounting it on the back with the rest of the transducers? I was thinking of mounting it on my trolling motor, but the more I think about it, I may want to see its readings when I don't have the trolling motor down. Also I've heard about a different transducer for the vex, is that something made specifically for the boat?

Capt'n

ps... dropping the boat off to get it tuned up for open water this morning smile.gif

In my case I am mounting one on the trolling motor and one the rear of the boat. As for the trasducer, you will want to get the high speed kit. It comes with everything you need to mount it on the rear of your boat. I think that is where you will want it, because you will want to use it while you are using your big motor.ScottS

My new rig will have a lowrance on the bow with the transducer running thru my minn kota that has the new universal sonar. They are putting a vexilar bracket on a johnny ray swivel on my console. It will be set up with a high speed transducer off the rear off the boat. GOOD FISHING

I have the high speed transducer mounted on the transome....And I have my ice ducer in the boat for when I am fishing really finicky fish over the deeper water.

The ice ducer also works at trolling speeds, so I pretty much have a portable transducer.

That's how I've done it for years and it works good.

PCG

Well I use the Vex right now with just the Ice ducer in the boat. I simply place the puck on the floor back by my bilge(with a little water ofcourse) and I get perfect readings as if I had mounted a boat ducer. If I am jigging I just drop her over the side so I can see my lure and any fish coming off the bottom.