• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

date stamp

Hey all - took a picture of my boy last year at the pumpkin patch. I really love the shot, but there is a date stamp on it that I'd like to remove. Is there any way to do this (other than cropping the photo) - in other words, is the rest of the photo somewhere "in" the file? Thanks!

Tony

FYI: Here's the photo:

4040270024_e361c7fd03_o.jpg

I cropped it how I would like it to look, and fixed the horizon, but in a perfect world, I would like to try to remove the date stamp (and actually the person in the background, if possible).

Believe me, I now pay a LOT more attention to what I'm shooting as I do it, this was just a quick snap shot. Problem is, I figured it may be easier to try to monkey with this shot a bit than build a time machine, travel back 359 days and tell myself to watch the background and turn off the *#@* date stamp smile Thanks for any ideas!

Tony

Dtro: That's a great crop, but I really wanted to keep it a wider shot.

John: That is exactly what I was looking for - that's awesome!

I don't have any editing software at this point, other than some free stuff I found online - it looks like I really need to pick up paint shop pro or photoshop.

I just haven't looked into it too much, because there are so many choices (CS3, CS4, lightroom, paint shop pro, ...) some of which are just way too expensive and frankly, I don't really know the differences between them all.

Also, I don't really want to ask any of the people at the big box store about software, as my experience when asking them about buying a DSLR were less than helpful. For example -

Q: How do I set the aperture on this Nikon D5000?

A: That's a great camera because it shoots video.

hmm...

MN Tony,

For a decent software program at a reasonable price, you really can't go wrong with Photoshop Elements. In fact, if you look for an older version on the online auction, you can get by pretty cheap. I still have Elements on my laptop, and it's only version 3. It will probably do more than you'll ever need it to.