• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Lesson Learned...

Well, I was suppose to have my first ice fishing expedition this weekend but unfortunately, my friend from Pa. cancelled on me. This excursion was his idea. In the beginning, I have to admit I wasn't real keen on it but by the time this weekend rolled around, I was really looking forward to it.
Normally, if I was suppose to go fishing with someone and they didn't show, I would just go without them. But I've never done the ice fishing thing so I only bought a few bare essentials for the weekend. He said he'd be bringing his auger so I didn't need to get one. Well, when he cancelled on Saturday, I was pretty bummed. I cleaned the house from one end to the other (Hey, that's what I do when I'm bummmed, I clean.) The Mister saw that I wasn't very happy so he suggested that we go shopping today and buy Everything that we'll need to go ice fishing by ourselves so we did. Next weekend I get off, I'll still invite my friend to join us to ice fish but if he doesn't make it and has to cancel because of snow (like he did this time) we'll be able to go by ourselves. The moral of the story is don't rely on other people to make you happy. Do it yourself.

There ya go Ness, that should get you going with only 14-28" of ice to worry about.

That hand auger will keep your bass crank'n arm in shape too!

grin.gif

Go get a piggy now girl!

BE....><ND>

Good for you, Ness! I guarantee you will get tons of enjoyment out of your new toy. Getting yourself set up and finding fish is the only way to go, if you are ready.

Go get 'em!