• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop for Yamaha F115 and Lowe FS 175

Mr. Weekend

I just purchased a Lowe FS 175 (fish and ski)boat with a Yamaha F115 4-stroke outboard. The boat and motor was part of an estate and came without a prop. Does anyone have this setup and what prop are you running? Also, if no one has this setup, what suggestion would you make for me to get some info on the correct prop. Thanks for any and all help.

I have a 17' Lund Explorer and a 115 4 stroke Yamaha and run a 17 stainless. Good out of the hole, tops out at 45 mph with a normal load and just me and it holds the turns great. My RPM's max out at 5800 si Im going to try a 15 stainless and see what that does. Im guessing my hole shot will be very good but I may lose a few MPH. Im more concerned at my speed at WOT and getting the RPMs more around the 6000 range.

For the best prices I have found check out Jay Soderbloom at www.soderbloom.com

He really knows his stuff and is a FM sponsor.

Check out this thread:

Prop Advice

For a 115 on a somewhat similar rig. I'd start with a 17 pitch prop and see how things are running. Try and find a dealer that will let you try props without buying them - you may need to leave a deposit, but if you're carefull and don't ding the prop you should be able to find a prop that fits your needs.

Remember that WOT on that motor is 6,000 - do not go past that, but run right up to it.

marine_man

I would go with what northlander said and call jay,he took care of my boat also, all you have to do is talk to him on the phone and tell him what you have and he will send you the right prop, make sure you have all the spacers/ nut you need or you have to go to a dealer or again talk with Jay he will hook you up.