• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Road legal fish house lights?

Rainman

Does anybody know the regulations for lights to pull it legally down the road. Does it need clearance lights? How about those 3 red ones on top in back center or the 3 orange ones on top in front center. Or is it that you just need the tail/signal/brake lights? Thanks in advance!

If your talking 8' wheel base and 16' long, it should be the same as commercial regs.

That is the front marker lights (for on coming traffic), the 3 small (on the center line) brake/driving lights in the rear as well as the regular brake/parking/signal lights on each side in back.

You should be able to find the regs on the MN DOT HSOforum for the exact specs.

Here is an option we recommend quite often. I see you live in Cologne wich would put you in the "West Metro" district of the State Patrol. You can contact them (763)591-4680 and ask for one of the Commercial Vehicle Inspectors and they will be able to help you. I have always had good luck in speaking with them. Just an idea for ya.

Does anyone actually have the red and yellow clearance lights on the wheel fenders? If so, how did you protect the wires were they cross from the frame to the pivoting arm?

According to the nhtsa web site if the wheels are outside of the house (6.5' wide house) lights are required on the fenders (widest point).

I have the lights for the fenders, but I'm still concerned about protecting the wires where they cross over to the pivoting arm. (http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...tio#Post1446625)

Thank you