Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Fantasy Football -- the BIG Question

12 posts in this topic

Ok -- I have a problem.

I M a Fantasy (word usage) and I have the first pick overall in a 12 team non-keeper league.

The top two choices are obvious -- AP or LT.

The question is -- do I go with my heart or my head?

I want to take AP cuz I M a viking freak like most people, but LT has done it for years and WE COUNT CATCHES.

I think I HAVE to pick AP, but am I making a mistake -- or is it too close to call, so take the Vike when you can?

I would like everyone's help.

Thanks

Hit

I'd take LT, especially if it's a point-per-reception league. AP will get better in that area, but LT catches a ton of balls.

Heck, I might even consider Westbrook over AP in a PPR league. Westbrook had 91 receptions last year and AP had 19, at 1 point per reception that's almost 12 tds!

I agree with Juan. Peterson falls down the list in a PPR league and no way should be considered at #1 regardless. Could he end up the highest scoring RB? Sure. Go with the proven horse and with your head...pick LT.

If I end up with the #2 pick in our draft I'll be picking Westbrook without question or hesitation.

But I do like playing with Vikings fans in my league because they all too often pick with their hearts, and we all know where that leaves them at the end of the year. grin

dh44,

Agree with Juan and LMIT. I think that the fact you had to step back and think about the question shows you know the real answer. Gotta be level headed in FFB.

You guys ... I tell you. You really think I can pass on my favorite player on my fav. team in my fav. state.

I paid too much Morneau in FBB and will do it for AP too.

I do see what you are saying LT is the smarter choice, but, I just can't say no. wink

Thanks

Hitman

Hitman - Are you allowed to trade the pick? See if the guy at #2 would trade with you. Maybe for his 1st and #4. Longshot but I traded down one spot last year from 3rd to 4th still got my guy and picked up an extra 4th round pick!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The buck in the picture is from private land not far from Duluth.  Not much ag land in the area.  The propertyI'm hunting has a lot of apple trees and thats what he's after in this picture.  Not a lot of oaks/acorns from what I can see, not sure what all the other properties have for food.  This is my first year hunting this land so my scouting hasn't been super extensive yet.
    • It wll depend some on farmland buck or northwoods brush eating buck. 1.5 easy, 2.5 fairly easy, 3.5 and older a much tougher buck to age. Used to send our jaws to Madelia,MN for aging and or we were lucky at the old Gene's Standard gas station in New York Mills MN as in the 80's and early 90's there was a guy from the DNR there aging them for us, the drawback was if you wanted to headmount they seemed to cut up the cheek to check the teeth or tooth that like a ring on a tree told him the age. I'd guess 4.5 year old in the picture but does mild winters and genetics play a part, I'd think so.
    • I thought perhaps the scans might have revealed that the tumor was inoperable before the surgery.   Apparently that was not the case.  It sure is a tough way to go.   You have my sympathy.   Watching her sister was very hard on my wife.  It was bad for me, but much harder for her.   The sister had two college age kids at the time as well.   New locations for the cancer kept showing up, in her case all in the bones.  
    • I'll have to look into those.  So far I've just used LED lanterns, but I end up bringing them home and leaving them. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.  I'm just poking around looking for ideas on my own build.  rl_sd built a nice one!  Where do you find formed aluminum like that?  All I've seen available are the flat sheets.
    • Thanks Lip Ripper, I used a mix of 14 and 16 gauge 1x1 on my last house.  I used 14 gauge in the corners and V as well as the studs holding up the bunks.  That probably wasn't necessary. I wouldn't mind using 2x1, but doesn't that cover up the entire outer tube on the frame?  What supports your plywood floor around the edges? I know exactly what you mean with the galvanizing being worth it.  We build park equipment and always recommend galvanizing over any other finish for the durability.
    • They make so many small LED lights these days you can get a brighter light that runs on 2 or 4 AA batteries and last a whole season. That's what made the biggest difference for me. I agree you need a coming and going light and another for by the bed.  
    • Hi Del, she did so many PET, MRI, CAT and other tests.  When they got in the surgeon said that the tumor was peanut shaped from lower thru the mid and starting to get into the upper lobe.  At that point no other cancer was seen on tests.  It was after the treatments that it had spread throughout and we figured that it was in her brain at the time she went to hospice house.  It is a tough cancer and painful.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Jeff
    • Last I talked with Tebben they weren't galvanizing frames.  That may have changed in the last few months. Regardless of manufacturer, galvanizing is a substantial up-charge, but worth it ($600-1,000).  No coating any manufacturer is currently doing last more than a couple years.  Paint, powder coating, and bed liner are all going to end up rusty in a very short time.    Don't use 14 gauge for your studs.  Use 16 or less, if you can find it.  1x1 is probably fine, but I've not seen it used.  You'll get a lot more strength from something rectangular shaped, but added strength may not be necessary.  1x1 will already be stronger than any wood stud.     Edit to add: I know nothing about the manufacturer page you cited, but their prices are in line with all the other hydraulic frame manufacturers.  
    • I always thought it would be nice to have the interior lights 12 volt, just so you don't have to fire up a generator every time you walk in to flick on the lights. That's the mistake I made in my backwoods cabin was running everything in a way that I had to start the generator just to see at night!
    • How do you guys estimate the age of bucks you see in the field?  Anything special you look for as a clear giveaway?  Young bucks normally aren't too tough but once they get to 3 1/2 it can be a little tougher. Here is the big guy from my trail cam this year.  We can use it for discussion purposes.  I've got a guess on age but lets here what you guys think for age and what is the giveaway for you.  Also you can't see both sides of the rack in this picture but he's fairly symmetrical however he's missing a point on the other side making him a 9.  I do have other pictures of him but not digital ones.  
  • Our Sponsors