• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reserve Fuel Tank For A Lund FIsherman 1700

TMF89

Hey guys, I have a 2000-20002 (forgot the exact year) Lund Fisherman 1700 with a 4 Stroke 115hp Yamaha, and I'm wondering about the reserve tank?

In the left-rear of the boat there's a metal switch between "Main" and "Reserve". Now to my knowledge we've never intentionally filled the Reserve tank, (how do we do that?), but a month or so ago I tried it, and it fired the motor right up.

My main questions are: How do I fill the reserve tank, how big is it, and any other information anyone has on it. Thanks guys!

I have a 2001 Alumacraft Tournament Pro 175 with a Main and Reserve Metal switch. On ours there isn't a seperate gas tank to fill. When we run out of gas with the dial on Main we switch it to reserve and it provides a couple of more gallons of gas. I believe the reserve line is below the main line and is more able to suck gas into the motor when you are running low on fuel. Its a good safety net to tell when its time to fill up as our gas gauge doesn't work. Hope this helps.

There is not a reserve tank.

Each fuel tank has 2 pickup outlets, one has the tube shallower then the other and it's used as Main. The other is just a little deeper and will provide the extra fuel in case you run out.

Check the picture below, you will see tank has 2 small aluminum outlets, one is the reserve.

tank43asm.jpg

Great describtion Valv!! It works just like an old motorcycle gas tank, with a pick up on the side and one on the bottom.

FYI, I also own a 2006 1700 Fisherman, I have tried to run it dry on the main line and have not been able to. My gas gauge needle was well below the Empty "E" mark and still going. I never got low enough to have to switch over to the Reserve setting. I was on a big lake so I finally gave up and just filled the tank.

It's amazing how much fuel is in the bottom of that tank!!! The dealer told me you would have plenty of fuel left on the reserve setting to make it back to the dock, but I'm not brave enough to try it.

Have any of you guys actually ran out on the main setting???

I haven't ran out the main tank yet, but I have a week+ vacation coming up on the Whitefish Chain, so that'll be a good testing ground. It would be nice to at least see how low the needle gets on the gauge for future reference.