• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI Turkey - It is possible to miss at 2 yards

rangerforme

Thought I'd share this story with you. I was on my way out of the woods on a property I have access to hunt last weekend, I was carrying my strutter decoy when I spotted a Tom about 100 yards out in a field so I crawled my strutter up to the edge of the field and since I was up on a hill I decided to lay down on my stomach under my strutter decoy. It was perfect setup I could see the Tom in the field and I made one call and he start working his way right to me, all of sudded 2 more Toms joined him and they where all slowly walking up the hill to my decoy. I was about to shoot one at about 35-40 yards when I caught a glimpse of red in corner of my eye, here another Tom I hadn't seen had snuck in on me and was fan to fan with my strutter decoy, literally almost standing on me. So I eased safety off and readied myself to jump and and shoot. Well needless to say I tried to get him at 2 yards in the head and I missed not once but twice. I guess a quarter sized pattern is hard to hit em. Was exciting though!! I should have just wrestled him to the ground!

I did get a nice 4 year old bird the next day on teh same property so I guess I got even!

The compression from the gun should of at least killed it or knocked it down that close you would think. We had a friend same thing happen but the compression not a bb in the bird but deader than dead.