• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Word on the street is that "he's busy counting dog turds in the yard, useing his underwater camera in the bathtub, and exchanging foot rubs with Jimmy"... whistle

Lee - You pop a bird yet? Not that I care to hunt them but our numbers are way down around the house! Tank has coffee and reads the paper on the back portch every morning and has only heard two gobbles way off in the distance...

I finally pulled the trigger on one today (24lbs, 10 1/2 & 5" double beard and just over 1" spurs), I've had a few chances at some 2 year olds but I was waiting for something a little bigger. Now I'm hunting with the bow. Tell tank I think the numbers are up but the birds are REALLY hened up and they aren't talking much, it seems like they are about a week and a half to two weeks ahead of schedule.

Congrats Lee on a fine bird!

What is wierd down this way is that we are not seeing birds anywhere. I spent alot of time in the woods last fall and all I saw in our woods was one small flock of 13 birds a bunch of times. Normally there are a few diff big flocks.

Plus we spent a ton of time trout fishing this spring all over the southern tier and NE PA and saw very few birds. Normally while driving around in the mornings you see all kinds of birds strutting and stuff.

Oh well, I'd almost rather watch Timmy trim his toenails than turkey hunt anyways... eek

Hey whats up guys! yeah i tend to disappear after ice season for awhile, timmy had to point me to the site, said people are looking for me...

Had a great spring so far, got a bird opening day, nothing huge like last year but decent 9" 3/4" spurs, on the smaller side about 18lbs...its been a tought season all the birds have disapeared everywhere i have been so far..there way ahead of schedule and just about done with all their activity, all but a few anyways i did have a chance at a bomber this weekend but there was a house just behind him about 70 yard where he popped out!

Was striper fishing all weekend too...had a few hits but i didnt land any, i was on the hundson between the two bridges in Troy...had a blast got rained no poured on Sat but still had fun...

Lee gear is packed dude when we goin out i have a tag left and can get the bow out too!