• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Price of new boats!!!

Hoffer

I would kind of hope the price of boats and everything else would go up. How else do we generate the wages necessary to live and play in this country??? Sure we all want a bargain, but do you really think the folks in New York Mills and/or Little Falls want to keep working for 9$ an hour.

I think the price thing has gone a little far. I feel bad that people are getting laid off, but putting a price tag of 30k on something that is used for fishing is out of most peoples budget. What I really don't understand is how some of the fiberglass rigs are listed from almost 70k... who would honestly spend that???

I agree. The prices became/are bloated. They are pricing themselves out of the market, and thus are selling fewer boats. I can't imagine the prices of boats going much higher, who could afford that kind of payment???

The high price of new boats is also a holdover of last years historically expensive raw materials and energy. Kinda a double whammy for manufacturers - insanely high production costs followed by the fastest decline in consumer spending in the history of our solar system. Next year we MIGHT see some honest decreases in prices, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dragging a boat a couple hours away for a minor repair is pretty expensive and can quickly turn the best price into a stressful situation.

Why would a guy bring the boat back to the original dealer? For warranty work any dealer within the manufacturers network can do the work. If you feel you are not being treated fairly call the 1-800 number in the owners manual and talk to them. Dealers get rated off of customer satisfaction now days, and they want to keep you satisfied or they lose their gold, 5 star or whatever rating they have.

ya i paid 38k for mine

paid 52k for my house lol

grant it 20 yrs ago lol

but i had mt last boat for 20 yrs and got way more enjoyment

out of it than i paid bought that one for 8500 was alot back then

so couple more yrs i'll have it paid off and i like it

very well built boat it will long out last me !!!! lol

Originally Posted By: fishwater

Dragging a boat a couple hours away for a minor repair is pretty expensive and can quickly turn the best price into a stressful situation.

Why would a guy bring the boat back to the original dealer? For warranty work any dealer within the manufacturers network can do the work.

I hear that, but I bet you'd get a better level of service during prime times if you purchased the boat from the dealer. I know I've needed it and gotten work done on a days notice.

I'm in no way saying you should just pay retail to the dealer down the road, folks definitely need to shop around.