• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MNice

What happened??

I got a real nice doe last Sunday and I have a question about the entrance & exit hole. The shot was about 40 yards, 270 win. 130 grain, elevated stand, wooded, but I had a real nice clear shot, or so I thought. My aim was for the boiler room, just like bow hunting and I hit exactly where I aimed. The entrance hole was oblong and approximately a 1-1/2" by 1/2" opening,and took out a rib, the exit hole was a perfect round hole between the ribs. Of course hunting with a bunch of jokers, they said I had it wrong, until I proved it by the entrance and exit verified my elevation.

My question is, could the entrance hole be made by the hide & meat sticking to the rib, or could I have glanced a branch causing the bullet to tumble. I'm thinking the rib scenario because a tumbling bullet would not make such a clean exit wound.

Any thoughts??