• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Southern Minnesota Trout Stream Status...

The_Lee

Unofficial reports from fall and winter anglers were that the adult population did VERY well all things considered. It was already a poor spring for the 07 year class, and that year class is all but gone now. The flood wouldn't stop me from giving those streams a try this spring. Mother nature will find a way, but physically some of those streams may never be the same again, and there is some concern that some stretches may not be able to support trout. There is still much to learn as time goes on.

Those are some resilient creatures. Flood of 2007

Yeah, what da_chise said. \:\)

Things are good, the winter season has been a stinker because of the cold winter, but even on January 1st when it was 3° there were trout to be caught.

I'll be heading out Sunday for the 1st time since the opener, if not more for mental health than for any other reason.

You should let me know how you do? I am trying to track how well things go until I get back home next July. Any update on the streams itself would be welcomed also. Do you know if Watson Creek or Trout Run Creek were messed up at all?