• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers/Badgers series

Quackaddict9

Originally Posted By: Wapiti
Just to set you straight, you should have written "Hill Murray boy"...not "boys", as there is only one of our Minnesota boys that went to high school at Hill Murray...none from Edina.

It's going to take more than a thesaurus for ya...I hope you were joking about having to investigate the word "prognostication"??? Go USA!

Semantics. City boys are city boys. My theory is that if I was to have the choice to go fishing, have some beers, and shoot the bull with a bunch of guys this weekend, I would much rather hang out with some rural Canadian guys than a bunch of spoiled city boys. I guess the same holds true on who I root for in college hockey. Too much whining constantly going on in gopher hockey to possibly be a fan. The bad taste still holds on from Woog, who would have his all metro team picked out by the time the kids were done with bantams, maybe throwing out one token scholarship to a northern MN player.

Of course, perhaps the education in MN north of St. Cloud may be lacking, as I did have to look up "prognostication". I guess simply saying prediction seems to get me by.

As far as the advice on thinking from Pierbridge, thanks for the tip. Your tips are about as good as your "facts".

Originally Posted By: varmithtr
 Originally Posted By: Wapiti
Just to set you straight, you should have written "Hill Murray boy"...not "boys", as there is only one of our Minnesota boys that went to high school at Hill Murray...none from Edina.

It's going to take more than a thesaurus for ya...I hope you were joking about having to investigate the word "prognostication"??? Go USA!

Semantics. City boys are city boys. My theory is that if I was to have the choice to go fishing, have some beers, and shoot the bull with a bunch of guys this weekend, I would much rather hang out with some rural Canadian guys than a bunch of spoiled city boys. I guess the same holds true on who I root for in college hockey. Too much whining constantly going on in gopher hockey to possibly be a fan. The bad taste still holds on from Woog, who would have his all metro team picked out by the time the kids were done with bantams, maybe throwing out one token scholarship to a northern MN player.

Of course, perhaps the education in MN north of St. Cloud may be lacking, as I did have to look up "prognostication". I guess simply saying prediction seems to get me by.

As far as the advice on thinking from Pierbridge, thanks for the tip. Your tips are about as good as your "facts".

Sounds like you are pretty frustrated to say the least maybe its time to take a break away from the forums..... grin.gif