• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Gogebic Michigan Trail Report

snowgoose

Just got back from 2 days in the UP. All I can say is wow. The further North you go the better the trails.

Saturday we left form Bergland and rode to Twin Lakes +. We rode the Bill Nichols trail. It is a straight shot with some pretty cool bridges over some deep valleys. It was snowing so hard you had to take it pretty easy. From Houghton to Silver City received 20 to 30 inches of snow since last Thursday. The closer you get to the lake the deeper the snow is.

On Sunday we went South and East from Bergland to Watersmeet and Land O Lakes. Trails were smooth and fast. From Watersmeet we went to Marinesco (sp). Back up to Lake Gogebic.

286 miles in 2 days. We could have done more but it was pretty cold out and we made frequent stops. I'm going back out there in a month. Can't wait

Traveling across Northern Wisconsin the trail also looked to be in great shape. I just wanted to send a report for you FMers that might be headed that way.

Was out on the trails around Marenisco, MI and Lake Gogebic today.

The ranged from good to excellent with some iced up corners. Only met half the sleds out that I would normally expect to see on a Saturday.

Make sure you have your registration and purchase (and put on your sled)the $25 Trail Permit...... don't need to come back with a ticket !