• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Speed light (for a Nikon D50)

I'm hopefully going to be getting a speed light for Christmas and I stopped into national camera to take a look. They recommended the Nikon SB600 or the SB800. Just wondering what you Nikon and non Nikon guys think. I will be used both in and out of doors. Thanks for the input.

Yak, I don't know Nikon flash gear at all, but I'm assuming the one with the higher number is more powerful. Usually, that also means the recharge times are faster, too, and for those two reasons I always want to buy the best flash I can afford.

You can also boost the effective distance of your flash by using a Better Beamer (several different brands available), which attaches to your flash and more narrowly focuses the flash beam, extending its range quite a bit. Very handy in some outdoors situations.

I don't use the BB much, but fill flash is huge! I use fill flash a fair amount of the time... lots of shadows in mid day that need to be filled... the trick is dialing that flash in correctly so that it doesn't look flashed.