• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for a good solo canoe kayak paddle

thanks for the response I have looked at them a bit and will continue. couple ?s do I want fiberglass or is aluminum ok, i know carbon is the best(lightest) but thats really expensive. Is the difference in fiberglass and aluminum just weight? Also is 240 about the longest I will find? I am left handed just looking at different models I noticed some said they were for right hand dominant or something like that can I use this? And what about the feathering angle, I have noticed many different models feature different adjustable blade pitches. i know it s alot of ?s I appreciate the advice grin.gif

livintofish....I'll try to answer a few Q's. As for fiberglass vs aluminum, another consideration is aluminum will be cold....I have a set that's aluminum, but has neoprene handle covers. Bare aluminum would not be comfortable. Last I checked, Carlisle kayak paddles all had the scoop blade, not a flat blade. I believe the feathering angles on the shafts were adjustable to three angles. As for handedness, I'm not sure....I'm a lefty too. I can't see that being a big issue unless it is designed so the blades are fixed in one position, and you couldn't flip the shaft. Some shafts will have a flatened spot on the shaft, that may be geared to one hand. but again, if the blades can be rotated, i don't see how that would be an issue; the shaft could be flipped. Check Carlisle's site, I think they stock larger than 240. I'll have to check what I have in storage in my shed...I had a few left in inventory when I closed my shop.