• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall fertilizing tip

LwnmwnMan2

For those of you who haven't gotten a fall fertilizer down yet, don't worry, you still have time.

Many of the larger universities recommend that with a cool season grass, that you still use a higher nitrogen fertilizer, rather than low nitrogen and high potassium.

You do need to wait until your grass has slowed down from growing though, and then apply.

Personally I run a 30-0-10 on all of my commercial accounts, with a 50% of slow release.

The roots break down the fertilizer and use the nitrogen as much as the potassium. I know of guys that are applying 46-0-0 for a fall fertilizer, however, you'll want to apply something like that as the snow is flying, because the last thing you need, is to be mowing your grass with the snowblower.