• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G5 2006 Optix Sight

Knute78

Just wondering if any of the proshop guys, who may be on this sight, might have had an opportunity to use this sight in advance of its February 2006 release date. If so, what did you think? And would you recommend it?

I currently shoot a Trophy Ridge Matrix verticle sight and am not completly satisfied as far as pin placement when shooting at animals or even targets goes. I like the ability to see left and right on a target but up and down sometimes becomes an issue. This becomes an issue when shooting over 20 yards with my longer range pins. I cannot tell exactly how high or low I am holding because the other pins are right above and below when shooting at distances over 20 yards and make it hard to judge where I am holding vertically on targets or chest cavity.

This is not an issue of not shooting enough and being uncomfortable with my setup, I shoot at least 3 times a week during spring summer and fall and the visual issue always seems to be there.

Have you heard of any others with similar concerns.

Any suggestions on other sights to try, what would you reccommend for my setup?

(Hoyt X-tec, NAP 2000 fall away, Gold Tip Pro Arrows)

Any help is Appreciated.

Chad

I always thought I'd have the same problems so I stayed away from the vertical, although I've never shot one.

I did check out the G5....spendy thing.... alot of good sites on the market, I shoot a modified Cobra sidewinder, they really have a great fiber that grabs a ton of light when you need it most!!!