• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Contest at Coon Rapids Park

Looks like June 18th this year any ideas what would work. My theory still remain get a line in and the rest is luck. Pretty good time. Lots for the kids to do. We go up as a family. Been doing it for 13 years. Anyone else doing it this year?

I'm planning on being there. I need to get my payment in so I don't have to pay full price.

The contest starts at 8am but they'll let you in the gates at 7am, I believe. I would advise you to get there late so that I can get the best fishing spot. Hehe.

Air.... I don't mix business and social. You were working man. At least you were suppose to be working. This is your first trip there. Don't judge this one by it's face. The water is way down on top side. There is no water coming over the spillway. Productive fishing spots are going to be tough to find. The little area that will be any good will be crowded. So gear up stout to pull your fish up with a few other lines attached. Get ready for a test of tolerance cause most of these people have no idea how to fish and common curtosey is rare. Just laugh it off and relax this isn't a very well controlled thing.

Oh and ....

Hello.

I just bought some 20-6 spiderwire and 30lb swivels.....I think that should do it!

I'm pretty much expecting to be entertained by stupidity, kinda like purposely fishing near a boat lunch.

See ya Saturday morning.

Biggest fish 14+ caught by a child

biggest adult was 12+

smallest adult was .97

don't remember smallest child

I had to on the board for the smallest within an hour. 1.87 was the smallest. Didn't get another bite all day. It was a pretty fun time, first time I have participated. Would have been nice to have some clouds in the sky. By the end of the day there where about 1,000+ REDNECKS walking around. smile.gif