• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone know a well known Outdoors Writer ?

klbowe

Every Ice fishing article or advice column you read these days tells you to be agressive, find the fish and stay on them. They suggest that you go out and drill a hundred holes and move-move-move. Now I am not saying that is bad advice but there are hundreds of people reading and following those tips and not everyone is fishing lakes the size of Red or Mille Lacs or Winne.

The Metro area Lakes and Southern Lakes Region where I fish are smaller lakes with a fairly large number of fishermen.

So I/We better get used to the constant sound of the power augers and watch out for holes as you walk across the smaller lakes in your region because the agressive tactics being suggested.

Everyone agrees it is extremely bad manners to set up on top of a guy or start drilling right at the magic hour.

Most of us who use a graph know the fish scatter even when a car drives too close to your house.

If anyone knows a writer for the Outdoor News or any other news media maybe they could put a bug in their ear to write a column about how to fish agressively without being agressive or abusive.

Maybe coach people to drill all day or until they run out of gas and then pick a spot and settle in for the evening.

Any writers here want to take on the task ?