• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How does the 8' wide fishhouse handle on the road?

WillowWaldo

Question

Just curious as to what you think about the 8' wide fishhouse on wheels (I know these aren't on the outside of the house)? It seems the extra space would be ideal! Anybody have any problems moving them up or down, driving down the road, etc.?

Thanks,

WillowWaldo

3 answers to this question

I've had mine for 3 seasons now, its the 8x16 Ultra Shack in the for sale forum. It trailers great! There is some planning to go into the layout in terms of tongue weight.

My recommendation, keep the tongue weight low so that you can pull it with an ATV, but leave room for packing gear on the tongue so you can add the extra weight while on the road.

If your interested in taking a look at mine I welcome you to stop out any time.

That sounds like a very well built house if you can pull it with your ATV! I saw the pics of your house, SWEET! Might have to take you up on looking at your house sometime. Thanks for the info Grabs!

WillowWaldo

with a 8 ft. house the wheels are inside so others can not take the house. that is getting to be more of a problem these days. i have had these kind of houses for 25 years, they sure are nice to have.