• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auto jiggers?

tightlines

I am pretty sure that I saw an ad here last year about auto jiggers for permenant fish houses that screwed to the wall and were powered by 4-D size batteries. Wondering if any of you folks have them and how well do they work. Also, where can I find them? Thanks for any info...

I have the Motivator. Bought it a couple of years ago. Overall, I think they help a little bit but not as much as you might think. I have had the best luck on tip-ups when fishing for walleye so that tells you something right there. I don't screw it to the wall because I like to take it in my portable sometimes. All you have to do is set it on the floor and insert the line through the jigger and it jigs your line for you. I have never had it fall in the hole but it would be quite easy to kick it in the hole after a few barley pops. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

What does this deal do when a fish srtikes your lure? Does it release line or continue jigging? It sounds like a neat concept if it doesnt alter or effect the hook setting process.

Hey tightlines, where is this store in Buffalo?

I have a couple of the motivator auto jiggers. They will work with any rattle reels, as long as you mount the jigger below the rattle reel.

When the fish hits the line pops off the line holder of the jigger. They work Great!

True story- The first fish ever caught using the jigger 29 1/2" 9# EYE (released). I always have one working when I'm sleeping in the fish house.

Hey, I have an "uncle in-law" that is elderly and he has about 150 automatic jiggers that he just told me he would like to sell. He and another guy apparently came up with a custom mold for the outer casing and it holds a battery operated motor that has 3 speeds of jigging. I have one here if you want me to e-mail you a picture of it. I bought one cuz I thought it was pretty neat although it is not made to mount permanently. It is made to sit on the ground next to the hole and do the jigging for you. I paid him $35.00 for the one I bought. If you want a picture e-mailed, contact me at [email protected].