• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post about the bobcat identification...

panolo

This was a response I recieved from Carole at Big Cat Rescue and Education Sanctuary home. They have lots of cats and know there stuff well. I sent her the pic and asked her advice.

Rob,

Usually bobcats in your region are more heavily spotted, but we have two that look just like this one. One was a bobcat, from Minnesota and the other was a bobcat / lynx hybrid. Judging by the feet, tail and ears though, I would lean more toward this being a bobcat. Thank you so much for sending the photo. It is so nice to see the cats living free the way it was meant to be. They are so good for the communities in which they live because they keep the rodent populations in check.

So that would end the speculation on my part! Sorry to see that the post was removed.

The post was removed because the poster requested it.

The person who took the photo was upset that it was being shown over the internet and also asks that people do not send it out to others. Apparently he does not want people out looking for this cat.

Hope you all can respect that.