• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

StrikeMaster Handi-Heater

tisch008

I have the 30k btu handiheater with the thermostatic control. Strikemaster no longer carries these but they are still made by a place in WI. They vent straight up with and 3" pipe. I use it to heat my canvas wall tent. Quality control on some was not good but they do work well.

Some further info that i forgot to enter. Handi heaters came in 2 sizes 20k and 30k. Mine is the 30k, it stands about 30 inches tall with a 18 inch diameter with heatshield. They were available with 2 types of controls, thermostatic using a millivolt powerpile system or with just a burner control. They resemble a construction type heater but closed off for a vent. Unfortunately, the people who assembled them for strikemaster did not do a great job. Mine came with the baffle and burner just hanging loose and I had to put it together. Thus strikemaster quit carrying them. They are still being made by a company in WI and I do have the number for them if u want to email me at [email protected] Hope this answers any questions. They are a good simple heater and work well.