• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electrical-Heat-Shrink-Tube-Wrap for QF Poles

RawHog

I've been pondering ways to reinforce my QF6's poles and/or prevent those hard to rid graphite splinters. Does anybody here have any experiences with electrical taping the entire poles or heat shrinking them? I already know that if I heat shrink them that I could avoid splinters, but would it inhibit any of the flexing that maintains the shape of the shack?

What I'm hoping for is that the heat shrinking tubes act/work in the same way the compression clothing does for muscles... I had gotten splinters from only one of my poles when I set it up two times ago and last time I set it up that very pole broke.

Nice, I kinda thought it would. I think I'm going to give it a shot unless someone gives me a real good reason otherwise. The stuff has got to be dirt cheap too, anybody know who would have some in stock?