• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peltier?

howwedoin

I'm going crappie fishing Sunday early morning and would like to know if Peltier is a good choice? I'm stuck between Turtle Lake and Peltier. I checked out the DNR's lake survey and showed a large number of crappies on Peltier. That survey was done in 1997 I think. I'm thinking of getting some crappie minnows and bring my plastics. Any tips or areas to try?

Thanks

I have not fished Peltier yet this year and don't know what the bite is like, but I will say that the size of the fish on average is of a quality nature.

I fished Turtle before the spawn and found some Crappies in the deeper weed edges, but the size was nothing to get estatic over.

Alot more Bass on Turtle (C&R only!) then anything else.

Good luck.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Don't be afraid to jump across the road and try Centerville if Peltier isn't happenin'. This winter I got into a mess of slabs that were between 10 and 12 inches. There were some good sunfish mixed in also.

Good Luck,

Corey Bechtold

Thanks guys. I'm concerned about the traffic of Turtle though. We just want a peaceful morning of fishing with no one water skiing or people all over the place. I know it's hard to avoid in the cities. Is the bite good in the morning like it is durring ice fishing season?

I'm with Corey on this one, Centerville is a good choice as well for crappies. Peltier holds a nice number of crappies, but I've had better luck for larger fish on Centerville. Turtle Lake is full of crappies, all different sizes, but you're right, Turlte will have some boat traffic, both fishermen and recreaction.

We are supposed to get a storm system moving in tonite, and saturday looks to be somewhat decent. Showers projected for sunday, but if we can stay away from the thunder and lightning than we should be ok. I would work both the weed edge and the thick weeds right now for crappies, if we do see a storm, than move just off the edge and see if the larger crappies are roaming the slightly deeper water, or else in the 8-9 foot weed patches. Go with a slow fall approach for a presentation after the storm. Centerville is basically just a series of breaks, and yo ucan cover a lot of water fast determining where the fish are. If you don't catch any fish or see any within a few minutes than move on, you will find them stacked up somewhere. Try the pumphouse area as well as the weeds on the shoreline just south of the pumphouse. Also try the northern shoreline and follow the breaks in about 7-10 feet. Work the area just west of the bay thats visible from Country Road 14. You might also tag into some walleyes working these spots too.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

WOW! Thanks for the post! That will keep me busy. Well the wife wants to go fishing Saturday so I guess I'll finally get my way this weekend....Fishing on Saturday and Fishing on Sunday!

Thanks Guys

I'm not sure how the wading is? I've never been on Centerville. I think I'm headed to Centerville to try my luck. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks again for the tips!
Howwedoin

My wife caught a 1.5 LB bass but nothing else was caught on Peltier.

Spent Sunday on N. Lindstrom and caught 40 sunnies/crappies. Used all plastic spinners. Fished about 5' with pink and yellow!