• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Lund 1725 Rebel XL Sport

ib_jigged

To the OP, I have been researching that exact same model (and like the colors as well). Have you had it out on the water yet? Do you have an idea of what the top speed will be and if so what prop are you using? It is probably still in the break in period but I was wondering if it will easily top 40mph, especially since it is light and has the IPS hull. Any other feedback you have on it is appreciated as well.

I had a chance to get out for about an hour last Saturday and work on the break in period. I love the boat so far. Following the break in procedure with 1 minute at WOT every ten minutes, I saw 40.7 mph at 5100 rpm. That is with a full tank (19 gal.) all my fishing gear, and two adults. I believe it has a 19" pitch prop. I am extremely happy with that. Pops right up on plane, and goes great and cruises nice at 30-35mph. Speeds taken from my HDS5. I talked to the dealer thinking my rpm was low, I was expecting around 5800. I will most likely wait to try another prop 17", until I am well past break in, and see if that makes any difference.

I would not be afraid of this model. Once again I am very satisfied so far!

Thanks for the reply. With a different prop the top speed will probably be a fair amount higher because according to Mercury's HSOforum related to engine tests, it seems that the 90HP can go up to 6,000rpm.

I will probably look to order a new 2012 when they come out next winter. Hopefully they won't change too much. I think this model is a great size because it isn't too wide and the length is just right to fit in my garage. It is also deep enough to use on big water.

Going from a 19 to a 17 pitch prop will improve your holeshot (sounds like it's not bad right now) and reduce your speed a little. But, you'll want to get the engine to run up towards the 6k mark instead of lugging it at 5100.

marine_man

Hey OP, just wanted to check in to see how you've liked the new boat since the summer is almost over. I'm still seriously thinking about ordering a 2012 Lund rebel 1725xl sport in late winter and I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback you have. Thanks

wewillsee,

My family and I cannot be more happier. We really enjoy this boat. It works out great for fishing with 2-3 guys and works great with my daughter and wife for fishing, tubing, and just a regular old pleasure cruise.

The boat has plenty of storage, for all of our gear. I moved the trolling motor battery to the front compartment to distribute weight a little better. Added a HDS 5 at the console, adding another 5 to the bow this winter, along with structure scan I hope.

Now that the break in period on the 90 4stroke Merc. is over I will start playing with different props. The 21 is a little too much for 3 grown men to get on plane, it works, but could be better. I will try a 19 and 17 and see which one works better. Right now with a full tank, just me, and all the gear, I am getting 5200rpm with 41mph top speed. I would like to see adorund 6000rpm.

I highly recommend this type of boat. I do not regret this choice at all!