• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Tail Pass

Eiger0304

This is from the WI DNR HSOforum:

All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Trail Pass

Wisconsin law requires those who use Wisconsin ATV trails to display either Wisconsin registration or an ATV trail pass. Funds from this program will be designated for use as trail aids and related costs to enhance all Wisconsin ATV recreation. The trail pass may be purchased over the counter at many authorized sales locations or by calling WDNR at 1-888-WDNRINFo (1-888-936-7463).

The $35.00 non-resident ATV trail use pass is valid from July 1st through June 30th.

An ATV trail pass is required to operate an ATV.

The trail pass must be permanently affixed by its own adhesive in a highly visible location on the forward half of the ATV.

Once affixed, the sticker may not be removed or transferred to another ATV.

When used safely and wisely an all terrain vehicle (ATV) can provide a source of fun and family recreation. When used unwisely by an untrained, inexperienced operator, an all-terrain vehicle can be very, very dangerous. With safety in mind, an all-terrain vehicle can be a useful tool for work and a great means of exploring the outdoors.

It is the responsibility of all ATV operators to make the sport a safe one. Take an ATV Safety Course.

Why did double in only a few years? Do the have day passes, kind of like a Fishing License? Want to take my kids to Danbury for a day, but for 3 ATV's that's $105.00.

Not really worth it since I'd only get once. Looks like I'll stick with Nemadji.

Another option is to register them in Wisconsin. We have been buying trail passes over there and yes its expensive.

To register them over there it cost $30 and is good for 2 years expiring on June 20 2 years from the date you register it.

You can do it on-line throught the Wisconsin DNR web site which adds $4 per machine. Brings the price down a tad.

Good Luck and good wheeling wherever you go.

I just found all that info in the last 20 mins. Doesn't make sense does it. Now my next problem is if my 12yo and 14yo can operate in WI. They both have their MN saftey license. Will it transfer? What size ATV they can operate. I found in the regs if under 12yo you can operate on the trails with your parent. When you turn 12 you must get licensed by the state and still be with a parent. Problem is, in the saftey course material, is states "Ages 16 and older: over 90cc". My 14yo is 6'1, his knees are higher than the handle bars while seated on our Arctic cat 90. It's a saftey hazard for him to operate it.

Looks like I'll just have to call them. Why would you buy a $35 trail sticker for 1 year, when can register it in WI for $30 and ride for 2 years. Brilliant!