• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mt. Olympus / Chula Vista

LwnmwnMan2

Question

We're heading to the Dells this weekend (Fri-Sun) with the boys (5 / 8).

My wife and I have never been to the Dells. We're staying at a cheaper place with free passes to the above mentioned parks, so that's where we'll be hanging out at.

Couple of questions for anyone that's been to either of these places, Mt. Olympus or Chula Vista.

1. Do you just wear your swimsuit on the regular rides as well? Or are they two different areas and you're required to switch back and forth? Also, any heads up on whether one might be better suited for younger boys rather than teens?

2. Does anyone have any tips on inside attractions in case we get rained out this weekend?

3. We're staying at the Dells Island Resort. $200 for 3 days, 2 nights, free passes all weekend to the two parks as well as free breakfast.

I know the reviews are crappy online, but we've had others recommend the place, that it's an older place but you're pretty much just there to crash, not have your honeymoon.

Much like Vegas, we stay at Bally's, because you usually don't know what the room is like while you're there anyways.

5 answers to this question

lwnmwnman, i dont really know about chula vista but ive been to mt. olympus twice with my family and it is awesome, 1/2 of it it a waterpark,and the rest is roller coasters and go karts of all sizes, mild coasters to wild, and kiddy size go karts to pretty fast ones, dont know how old your kids are but there should be plenty to keep all ages happy there, as far as swimwear,we brought changes of clothes, along with swim wear, and got a locker to store it in while at the water park,and you can switch back and forth between water park and amusement park rides,the passes are all day also so you can leave and come back if need be,

theres a few indoor things to do in case of a rain out, the kalihari indoor water park is an option but is spendy if your not staying there, you can drive around town to find enough to amuse yourselves depending on interests,

any other questions ,fire away, we love going there, and have done alot of the things the dells has to offer,

have fun there,

,mike

We sent a week at CV two years ago. They have an all inclusive package that included meals and drinks and such.

At CV they have three separate pools areas. #1 is the main outside pool area with speed slides, wading pools and such. #2 is a full interactive indoor water adventure park and 5 slides, a 3 person race setup and two 'ride in a tube down' an inside fulling enclosed slides. #3 in on the river front, behind the hotel with have an outdoor cafe and wave-pool setup.

Mt. Olympus is a fun place. The go-kart tracks there will be a big hit with two boys. It's a big place and will take the better part of a day to see and do everything. Outside of there I would recommend the Pirates Cove mini-golf place and the Duck boot tours. Restaurants that will keep kids entertained with excellent food are Buffalo Phil's and Moose Jaw pizza. Buffalo Phil's is a huge place that has an arcade and a bunch of kids rides in the back. They always give you a few ride tokens with your dinner. Moose Jaw is also an awesome place with good food. Avoid the cheap places to eat, the food is always horrible.