• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can Someone please help with my duckhunting question

Hello All,

My name is Phil and I am new here. I have a problem that has been perplexing me since the beginning of the season. I just moved back here from Dallas, TX where I worked for Petters Group Worldwide (before Tom Petters was arrested for 3 BILLION dollars in fraud), and therefore have not been doing much hunting at all for about the last 4 years. I come from an enormous outdoors background and hunt and fish for almost everything under the sun (as long as its legal that is). My father had a stroke back here in MN which is the main reason I came back besides missing the people and everything else here in this great state. Having a stroke, and having no one to go with while I was gone he has fallen off the hunting wagon as well. I have been craving for the last few years getting back into it hardcore and have a really nice hunting blind on my boat all rigged and ready. I went duck hunting in Ottertail with some high school friends and got a few woodies, but have been skunked every time since. I can not find the ducks anywhere. Can anyone help me with some possible lakes or sloughs where I can get some ducks. My father is 72 and is still huntable after his stroke, but he is not doing the greatest overall and I dont know how many more seasons I have with my best friend and hunting partner before the inevitable happens and he can no longer go. Hunting is his favorite past time and he has taught me everything that I know about hunting and fishing. It would mean the world to him and myself if someone would be willing to give me some tips on where to go. I have been hunting Goose Lake in Waconia and have gotten nothing and seen minimal amounts of ducks. I would be willing to take you hunting in my blind without question for anyone that has no boat for the help. Please......any tips....I will keep the secret safe and tell no one whatsoever if its a secret spot. Can anyone help my father and I get into some really good duck hunting before its too late? I cant tell you how much we would appreciate it.

keep me in mind I have a hot spot but itll be a couple weeks dude

I think we'll all have the hot spot in a couple weeks.....thats when the real migration happens. Be patient, The mallards are yet to come. I'd go for the roosters in the meantime (much tastier).

Don't worry, most people are having a rough season thus far. The DNR claims bird counts are up, yet it has been the worst season I have seen in at least 15 years (DNR claims a lot of things I have found misleading). Mallards are almost non existent. Snow + ice = the hunt of a lifetime!

PS: Deer opener is one of the best days for mallards (and everyone else is deer hunting), doesn't get any better!