• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tica

Any of you musky dudes ever try the Tica baitcasting reels? Looking at their Striper 200LE as a possible cat & sturgeon reel. Just curious of any experiences. I know they make a solid spinning reel that the ice fisherman love, but I would hate to get stuck with a junk reel. Here's the specs:

8 precision stainless steel rust resistant ball bearings.

Forged aluminium alloy spool.

One piece aluminium frame CNC machined.

Instant anti-reverse.

Centrifugal brake system.

Star drag.

Quick remove sideplate.

Line out alarm.

Large ultra wear-resisting line guide.

Forged aluminum alloy handle knob

5.2:1 gear ratio

14.6 oz

Line capacity 14-275/17-210/20-165

Selling for about $120

Much better options out there in that same price range.

Check out the new Okuma line. Induron and Red Isis. I have run 3 of these reels for the last 2 seasons and been pretty happy with the results. A great value at $120.

Thanks, I will check them out. Know of anywhere in the metro area that sells them? I'd like to get my hands on one.

Originally Posted By: MuskieMojoTackle

Much better options out there in that same price range.

Check out the new Okuma line. Induron and Red Isis. I have run 3 of these reels for the last 2 seasons and been pretty happy with the results. A great value at $120.

Thanks, I will check them out. Know of anywhere in the metro area that sells them? I'd like to get my hands on one.

I don't, but I can put you in contact with someone that can tell you if they are stocked in the metro.

info at muskiemojo dot com