• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury Warranty

toonfish

Did Merc only recently change the warranty to 5 years vs. 3 years? I had an electrical part/harness(that I don't know what it is) completely fry/corrode/burn. I don't even think electrical is usually covered under warranty.

Oh and if anybody would have a guess at the harness/wires that fried....it is the harness located directly above the oil/dipstick, it is a Mercury 60hp, Big Foot EFI, 4 stroke. A lot of black Stuff around the area.

Yes, the recently increased their warranty coverage period as a purchase incentive, the base rate is still 3 years.

I believe electrical is covered under warranty - I don't know why it wouldn't. I didn't see electrical specifically mentioned in the exclusions, so you should be ok. If in doubt, call the dealer before bringing it in.

marine_man