• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum Pancam WiFi system... What is this plastic piece?

Skhots

The only instructions that came with the Marcum Pancam WiFi underwater camera is a pamphlet. At the bottom of the box I found this black plastic thing that looked like it had purpose. Can't figure it out. Anyone know?

In regards to the unit, it has been unresponsive to remotely turning the camera. I can hear the servo motor work but the mechanism that rotates the cord/camera doesn't rotate. It's pretty random. Sometimes it'll rotate 360+ no problem and sometimes it'll rotate 180 and stop, only allowing me to turn it back the other way. Seems like the motor isn't strong enough to overcome the slight tension from the cord. Anyone have this issue?

Sorry. Couldn't upload a pic from my phone and didn't feel like retyping it. full-41056-52192-img_20141217_202508668.

If it's a camera stabilizing fin, do I put it a foot above the camera or something?

I guess I will call Marcum about this issue. Hope they're not closed this week due to holidays.

That's the stabilizer fin, it snaps on the back of the manta camera head, you can then route the cable through the notch on the back of the fin so the camera points downward otherwise it's just a stabilizer fin for when you drag it in a boat or you're in current.

I bought my pan cam at the blaine ice show. The camera is great except for the panning, its very random sometimes it will pan sometimes it wont. I also can hear it trying to pan but the panner doesn't move. I called Marcum and they sent me a new camera, the new one is maybe a little better but still "slipping". I'm not sure if its a software thing or other problem. Not sure what to do.

I bought my pan cam at the blaine ice show. The camera is great except for the panning, its very random sometimes it will pan sometimes it wont. I also can hear it trying to pan but the panner doesn't move. I called Marcum and they sent me a new camera, the new one is maybe a little better but still "slipping". I'm not sure if its a software thing or other problem. Not sure what to do.
. I too experienced this today, I think Marcum has a MAJOR problem with the planner feature, how the hell did this make it past all of their field testing? It sucks because the record to device feature is awesome! I'm really disappointed with Marcum!

Oh man... I hadn't read of this many complaints before. I'm pretty sure I searched high and low for reviews on this.

Thanks Joe for the info on the stabilizer. Where did you figure this out? Please don't tell me it was on the pamphlet.

I don't think the panner has anything to do with the camera, that was a pretty poor decision for the rma solution. At first I was leaning towards a weak servo motor but I tried holding the rotating mechanism while panning with the app and it fought a good amount. It really is sporadic.

Typical of Marcum. Release a product during the beta phase and let the customers finance the remaining R&D.

Same thing with the RT-9. Had to pull it because it had so many bugs.Since the LX7 launch they have been putting out half finished product regularly.

Thanks Joe for the info on the stabilizer. Where did you figure this out? Please don't tell me it was on the pamphlet.

I don't think the panner has anything to do with the camera, that was a pretty poor decision for the rma solution. At first I was leaning towards a weak servo motor but I tried holding the rotating mechanism while panning with the app and it fought a good amount. It really is sporadic.

Marcum has used that same stabilizer fin for many years now, so I already knew how to use it, I agree the instructions are a joke.. My panner motor is very weak, when looking at it in my garage even the slightest resistance i put on it with my finger causes the motor to sputter....Mine is getting returned....it's sad because the pancam idea is a good one....

Typical of Marcum. Release a product during the beta phase and let the customers finance the remaining R&D.

Same thing with the RT-9. Had to pull it because it had so many bugs.Since the LX7 launch they have been putting out half finished product regularly.

I couldn't agree with you more.. Although I think it started more recently after Rapala purchased them... The PanCam and RT-9 look like off the shelf products Rapala purchased at an overseas trade show and stamped Marcum's name on it to sell in the US.

I was thinking of getting one of these......now thinking I should wait until if/when they get the bugs worked out. Problem is I'm very impatient! Glad father in law had his camera along this weekend on Red. Very helpful in locating pole in bottom of lake! Duct tape and gaffe, hooked pole pulled up with walleye still attached.

I was thinking of getting one of these......now thinking I should wait until if/when they get the bugs worked out. Problem is I'm very impatient! Glad father in law had his camera along this weekend on Red. Very helpful in locating pole in bottom of lake! Duct tape and gaffe, hooked pole pulled up with walleye still attached.
It's really just the camera panner that's the issue and I don't see how it can be fixed via a software update, it's an internal motor power issue...

To make it worse, there are still issues with the LX7 firmware. Do you think they'll have any updates after the releast of the RT9? I bet not. They already made it obsolete.

So much for the always updatable system.

To make it worse, there are still issues with the LX7 firmware. Do you think they'll have any updates after the releast of the RT9? I bet not. They already made it obsolete.

So much for the always updatable system.

Why do you say that? Other than having a screwy charger which got replaced recently... I haven't had any issues with my lx7. I think it's the most convenient and feature packed unit compared to vex units.