• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lectro-Kennel?

UNIT

Anyone use this product? Just wanted to try to get some feedback before I purchase one.

I have an older dog that still loves spending time in the outdoor kennel during the day but I want to make sure he stays warm in his house. He seems to dislike the bedding material I put in his house as he pushes it all out so I thought I might try this as a reliable, cleaner option.

Any input.

Thanks

Unit

I don't know what bedding material you're using whether its, hay or wood chips. This is the first winter my dog is outside. As it got colder, I kept adding cedar chips as i thought he needed them to keep warm. Well I must have got to his "comfort level" because he started scooping out the extra chips. so I figured that he was getting too warm in the house and I quit adding. It doesn't appear that he is pushing his bedding out. Now all i do is replace some of it about once a month.

I've used an electric heated pad for several years. I'm not sure what brand it is. It has a thin plastic shell(16"x12") with fabric inside that only warms up when the dog lays on the mat. The shell has cracked some along the edges. I've kept up with epoxy patching.

My dog will not leave any bedding material in her kennel. No matter what I put in there she drags or throws it outside. I cannot see her inside the box but she feels very warm when I know she's been curled up on the pad. I let her sleep inside on days when its -5 or lower but she will almost seem to be to hot, she pants. She's 10 yrs. and I'm trying to be nice to her. The electric pad is the right choice for me.