• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

problem with FL-8, help!

Selmer

Question

I got the FL-8 out of the closet earlier this winter to kick off the ice season, charged the battery, cleaned the transducer, and took it to the lake. I dropped it down the hole and I didn't get any reading! The flasher spun around at what sounds like the right speed, the battery is reading 12.85 on a voltmeter, but I can't get a reading off the bottom, or anywhere in between. I traded transducers with a friend of mine and I got a flase reading about 6 feet down on the unit in 15 feet of water, and there wasn't a fish there, it was just a light green line. Is something wrong with my unit that I can fix, or should I send it in? How much will it cost to send it in? It's the older model of FL-8, the one with the fish alarm and calibration knob. Any info you can send my way is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Selmer

1 answer to this question

selmer - I'd go to the Vexilar HSOforum, find their email address and explain what you explained here and you'll probably get an answer in a day or 2 offering suggestions as to what the problem may be along with possible options.