• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CuddyBack trail cam

I have you the Cuddyback digital camera and I used it last fall, without any problems. I have used other cameras and so far of the ones I have tried this one is very user friendly. Yes, you can imprint your name, time and date on each picture. The memory cards are nice, and when formatted I can use one of my cards from my Cannon PowerShot digital and use it in the Cuddy. With the 128 mb card you get about 400 images, I then just use my Cannon to view the pictures, and I use the Cannon software to put them on my PC. Battery life was never a problem with our camera, it seems all makes of cameras very on this issue and at times from identical cameras.

The down side of this camera other then cost is that some other cameras like the Deer Cam (same makers of the Cuddyback) allow you to set camera delays from 15 seconds to an hour. The time delay on the Cuddyback only allows you to set the delay from 1 minute to 1 hour. Many times if used on a trail a buck is following closer then a minute behind. I have a feeling unless it's impossible because of it being a digital, that this feature will be improved very soon. Also the internal memory on the Cuddyback is nice and works fine however the clarity and quality of the picture is not nearly as sharp and crisp as with a memory card. The biggest buck I got a picture of was with the internal memory because my card was full. I can see it is a very nice deer but can't get an exact point count. I also have my own land so I don't worry to much about leaving the camera in the woods, I have a feeling this rig would be picked like a grape if some passerby came along. I sure hope some of this helps.

WS